David Byrne & Brian Eno - Everything That Happens Will Happen Today













27 years between colaborations, really? Brian Eno did produce several Talking Heads albums but David Byrne has only recorded one other collaboration with Eno, 1981`s `My Life in the Bush of Ghosts`. I mean come on! That album has even been cited as a musical breakthrough and one of the first albums to utilize sampling as we know it today. Why these two don`t make more music together is beyond me.

`Everything That Happens Will Happen Today` is largely a different and much more accessible album then `My Life in the Bush of Ghosts`. The album is really enjoyable and has some of the catchiest songs Byrne has come up with in years . It`s friendly, pop-oriented and has a few really nice surprises, like the very cool `Wanted For Life`, `I Feel My Stuff` ,`Strange Overtones` and `The River`.

Byrne and Eno prove that they are as innovative today as they were 20 years ago. If you have a sense of musical adventure and like to see artists using more than just typical means to make musical ideas, then I suggest you pick up` Everything That Happens Will Happen Today`. I just hope it doesn`t take another twenty years for these two giants to make another album together.



8 out of 10

David Byrne & Brian Eno Website!

David Byrne & Brian Eno Myspace!

Comments

Popular Posts